Friday, March 21, 2014

Little Women (Intro)


Little Women- Louisa May Alcott

Okay, so basically everyone knows what Little Women is, and so do I, but I've never read it. I honestly have no idea what to expect from this book. I don't know of anything else Alcott has written besides this book. Also, my extent of knowledge about this book is a) Its about four very different March sisters, b) the book club in my one of my favorite books as a kid, "The Mother-Daughter Book Club" read it, c) two of the sisters are Jo and Amy. And yeah, that's about it. But, its a classic for a reason, so there must be something about it that everyone likes. Like non-fiction, I don't typically read classic books, but the few that I have read I have seemed to enjoy. As with all the books I have read thus far, I have high hopes for this book to be intriguing and a good read for me. So to sum this up, I have high expectations for a book in a genre I don't typically read, of which I know nothing about, and its not a small book. Fingers crossed as I start it!

Sorry this isn't a longer blog post, I just have no idea what to say. I basically picked this book because I have heard it referenced so many times even though I only know like two people who have read it (and I also asked Mr. Perlman and he recommended it, so it has to be good, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment