Thursday, April 3, 2014

Paper Towns (Final)

Paper Towns- John Green

This book was one of the books that I was sad about it being over. After what felt like such a short journey in Margo and Quentin's life, I want to keep following and know how their life goes on after the story ends. But, I can't, so I guess I'll just be imagining the perfect scenario for the ending for the two in my head. 

**SPOILER ALERT

Well, like in typical fiction, the prince found the princess and they fell in love and lived happily ever after. Sort of. Thanks to Margo's comment on the Paper Town forum, Q recognized that she was in a Paper Town. So he skipped his high school graduation (after spending the better part of the day before complaining about it being his last day) and him, Lacey, Radar and Ben all went off to come and rescue Margo. After driving over twenty hours straight driving, I can't believe they are all still getting along with each other, but then again Margo is their unifying force. If I drove that long with someone in the car, it would probably not end up well for either one of us. But I'm glad they stuck with it, because they found Margo in the Paper town, and Q's relationship and love for Margo grew in a matter of a couple days to something that It wasn't before. 

I was so pleased with the book. While I knew that they were going to end up together in the end, deep down that I knew that nothing Q could say would change Margo's mind and bring her home, but it didn't stop her brilliant lies. I was happy that they sort of were together at the end, but it wasn't definitive. The scavenger hunt to find her was good though, but many of the clues were confusing and I didn't even know where to begin with most of them. But that's mystery and suspense, what John Green was going for here.

Like I mentioned earlier, this is the first book that I've ever read by John Green. I kind of touched on this earlier in another blog post. but I love love love the way he writes. I think that it has the power to enable readers to connect on a personal level with the text, instead of just having a character simply because every story needs one. He adds a little humor to it, and reading it never felt like a chore. 

as a Tribute to all The Characters in the Book, and Especially margo, i'll Write my last Couple sentences the Way in Which she would Write it. for Any John Green fans or Not John Green fans, i would Definitely recommend This book to Anyone. it was Exciting, a well Written and Articulated book. personally, i Liked the Style the book Was written in, the Quirkiness that mr. Green Showed in His writing and It was very Enjoyable to read. highly recommend To all! maybe i'll Read another book Of his, The Fault in our Stars later when i Get a chance. goodbye Blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment