Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Storyteller (Intro)

The Storyteller- Jodi Picoult


For those of you who know that I love Jodi Picoult books, it's not a surprise that I'm reading another one. But honestly, it wouldn't be reader's workshop without one so I had to include one in there. Anyway, I typically do research on books before I read them and search for reviews, but I didn't with this book for two reasons: 1) Jenna recommended it to me and 2) It's Jodi Picoult, it doesn't need a review for me to read it. This book is about a Nazi's relationship with the granddaughter of a Holocaust survivor and an odd favor being requested. So, obviously there's a major conflict regarding their histories, but it's only deepened by the request the Nazi makes (I'm not going to give it away, but you can look it up if you want..) It's kind of funny how this worked out for me though, all of my books have had some tie in to history. This one has to do with a Nazi in WWII, the first one I read had to do with a Jewish roundup, and my non-fiction has to do with the middle east. Okay, I know this is short but I really don't know what else to say about this book besides I'm excited to start reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment